Wednesday, September 29th, 2021
picture
On Wednesday, September 29 at approximately 1109, the Essex Junction Fire Department was dispatched to respond to 5 Roscoe Court in the Village of Essex Junction for a residential smoke detector activ...
Wednesday, September 8th, 2021
picture
On September 8 at approximately 1430, the Essex Junction Fire Department was dispatched to respond to 33 Rivendell Drive in the Village of Essex Junction for a motor vehicle collision with a building....
Friday, August 27th, 2021
picture
On August 27th at approximately 01:26 EJFD was alerted to respond to the West Street Dog Park, for the report of some sort of fire and popping noises.Enroute, EJFD was alerted that officers on scene c...
picture
On Sunday, July 18 at approximately 1731 hours, the Essex Junction Fire Department was dispatched along with Essex Rescue to respond to the Winooski River in the area of the power dam for a reportedly...
Tuesday, January 12th, 2021
While 2020 was certainly a unique year for everyone here at EJFD and everyone across the community, the country and the world, the dedicated professionals of the Essex Junction Fire Department still t...
Friday, January 1st, 2021
picture
On behalf of Fire Chief Gaboriault, the Essex Junction Fire Department is proud to announce the following promotions and retirements effective 01/01/2020:Retirements:-Second Assistant Chief Timothy We...
Wednesday, February 19th, 2020
picture
This year's Essex Rotary "Service Above Self" Award was awarded to our Assistant Chief Tim Wear. Tim has spent over 20 years with the EJFD, always being a top participant in trainings an...
Wednesday, February 12th, 2020
picture
Last night at 6:27pm Essex Junction and Essex Fire Departments were dispatched to a stove fire on Densmore Drive. Crews arrived on scene quickly to find an active fire contained inside the oven. Crews...
Consumer Product Safety Commission recalls

The wireless earphones can overheat while charging or in use, posing burn and fire hazards.

A child can disassemble the projector flashlight and access the button cell batteries, posing ingestion and choking hazards.

The locking collars on the dumbbell handles can slip, dropping weights when held perpendicular to the floor, posing an impact injury hazard.

The mattresses fail to meet the mandatory federal flammability standard for mattresses, posing a fire hazard.

The molded plastic drain pan located at the bottom of the evaporator coil, when installed with a residential condensing gas furnace in an up-flow configuration, can overheat, melt, and deform, posing a fire hazard.

The vehicles can lose steering function, posing crash and injury hazards.

The snaps on the romper can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The snaps on the long sleeve top can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.

The steps of the ladder can loosen during use, posing fall and drowning hazards to the user.

Torch fuel can leak from the top of the torch canister and ignite, posing a fire hazard.

 

The contact sensor on the nailer can malfunction and involuntarily discharge a nail, posing a risk of serious injury to the user or bystanders.

The recalled helmets do not comply with the U.S. CPSC federal safety standard for bicycle helmets, posing a risk of head injury.

The wooden parts used to reinforce and create a decorative gable design on the wooden roof pose an entrapment hazard to children. Children can become trapped in the gap between the lower part of the roof structure and the bottom of the gable decoration.

The floor mats on the recalled Kubota utility vehicles can warp or degrade and interfere with the throttle pedal, posing crash and injury hazards. 

The heater's Emerson control valves can fail to close properly, causing soot to accumulate on the burner, posing a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning to consumers.

The power handle can short circuit and overheat, posing fire and burn hazards

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has confirmed that bacteria in a recalled aromatherapy room spray in a Georgia melioidosis patient's home genetically matches the bacterial strains in the patient, and three other patients in Kansas, Minnesota, and Texas. The bacteria Burkholderia pseudomallei cause melioidosis, a condition that is difficult to diagnose and can be fatal.  The Georgia and Kansas patients died.

Surface paint on the furniture contain levels of lead that exceed the federal lead paint ban, posing a risk of lead poisoning. Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.

The metal band at the base can contain sharp edges, posing a laceration hazard.

The recalled chests are unstable if they are not anchored to the wall, posing tip-over and entrapment hazards that can result in death or serious injuries to children. The chests do not comply with the performance requirements of the voluntary industry standard ASTM F2057-19.

The cable in the quick release system of the plate carrier can separate from the handle preventing swift removal of the carrier in an emergency situation, posing an injury hazard.   

The powerbank's lithium-ion battery can overheat and ignite, posing fire and burn hazards.

The glass stem of the knobs can break during use, posing a laceration hazard.  

 

The retaining “R” clips on the front brake caliper pin can fall out, causing the front brakes to fail, posing a crash hazard to the rider.

The projector's fan can malfunction and overheat, posing a fire hazard.

The bicycle's fork steerer tube can crack or break after harsh impact such as hitting a deep pothole or other stress event, posing fall and injury hazards to riders.

The stroller's front wheel bearing can fail or detach, posing a fall and injury hazard.

 

The bicycle frame can break while riding, posing fall and injury hazards to the user.

The stools can break during use, posing fall and injury hazards.

The youth ATVs fail to comply with the requirements of the federal mandatory ATV safety standard, including maximum speed limitations and other mandatory safety requirements for vehicles intended for children under 10 years of age. ATVs that fail to meet the mandatory safety requirements pose a risk of serious injury or death to children.

The Venom Motorsports youth model ATVs do not meet mandatory safety requirements, including speed restrictions, posing a risk of serious injury or death.  The ATVs also were imported and distributed in the U.S. without a Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)-approved ATV Action Plan, which includes safety requirements designed to protect users.

The chair can break or collapse when weight is applied, posing a fall hazard.  

 

The glass portion of the cruets can break during use, posing a laceration hazard.

The throttle speed control stop can break and become stuck, posing a crash hazard. 

 

Infants can suffocate if they roll, move, or are placed on the lounger in a position that obstructs breathing, or roll off the lounger onto an external surface, such as an adult pillow or soft bedding that obstructs breathing. 

The bottom purge valve on the recalled snorkels can leak, allowing unexpected water entry, posing a drowning hazard.

The parking brake catch bracket can wear out and cause the parking brake to fail, posing a crash hazard. 

The fitting at the back of the heater can fail to be sufficiently tight, causing the heater to leak propane gas, posing a fire hazard.

The hose can swell during use causing gas to leak, posing a fire hazard.

The shower bench can collapse during use, posing a fall hazard to the user.


© 2021 Essex Junction Fire Department